PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2003, 00:41
missleadfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey these guys are bloody lucky to have a job, with a new airline, and away from the crap and competition they would have had to put up with here in OZ. I don't know much about what you guys bitch about but from what I have read you really need to grow up. Yes it may be an industry, but it is also a way of making a living, a job, career, a passion, and a means to an end. There are some of you pilots out there that get stuck into anyone who goes outside the comfortable stable that has been in place for decades. Please get real and move with the times. There are so many commercial pilots out there without a job, and I admire their will to go anywhere to find work. They are not the scabs. Have you ever thought about what you would do if you lost your career? By not supporting them, just critisizing them for obtaining work with other airlines, you are the unfortunate . From what I have read over the months here, many of you are just so scared of losing your conditions, negotiations with APIA, etc. It started with DJ, then the fall of Ansett and the start up of AO. Proof is here, not by all but certainly by some disheartened regular posters. What is your problem? The good old days are gone, finished, but not buried, yet, but it will happen. That is inevidble.

The point of this post is, hey, let pilots fly with whom ever they can obtain work with. You are still a team and should hold regard for each other. If you don't like the thought that your conditions may be changed, go on strike!! I'd like to see that!!

No offence to any of my Techies, it's just a minority of you bitch about things that will eventually happen, thats just the way it is these days, regardless of what you believe.

Sorry, I had to try to put an end to the bitch fight.