PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Gatwick visitor facilities reduced
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2014, 09:22
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
I understand that you're not even allowed to wait in the atrium these days - unless your host turns up and lets you through.

Dozens of empty offices and increasingly PITA sick-urity now seem to be the hallmark of the place.

Gone is the quiet seating area in the atrium, it now has a number of little-used workstations and very little seating - and can be quite noisy.

Some years ago, I had a meeting with Head of Licensing - it was on an exam day. Whilst waiting for him to turn up, I noted that behaviour of exam candidates and their demeanour. Everything from the polite, well-dressed young lady who treated the staff with courtesy, to the yobbo in scruffy jeans who threw a cigarette stub away as he approached the entrance, then addressed the staff as "Oi, mate....". I mentioned this to HoL who reckoned that you could bet fairly confidently on which candidates would ever be successful at an airline interview simply by observing their manner at the front desk.

I only ever had to sit exams in one topic, the old 2 paper (with negative marking) Air Law - I was credited everything else. I took the exam at Silsoe and the only thing I remember was the smell of curry lingering around the invigilator. No problems with that - it just made me feel rather hungry, so guess what was on my evening menu!