PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 5th Feb 2014, 09:15
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
COMIC RELIEF TIME

hehehhehehehhe

Can't help but have some fun Akro I like your analogy Ol mate .. ridiculous, incomprehensible, but entertaining none the less

Satirically corrected version of Akro’s analogy:

I have a L/C 100. I've upgraded the radio to include bluetooth for the mobile phone and I (for the sake of the argument) have upgraded it with a DPF (Diesel particulate filter) so that it meets the same emissions standards as the new L/C 200 V8 Turbo diesel. My L/C 100 is also equipped with an all weather guidance system so that I my use designated roads to towns with no/low-vision arrival off ramps, day. night, zero visibility fog etc! In order to ensure I do not hit another L/C 100 in low/no-vis I can pay a fee, and friendly operator from the Roads and Traffic Authority will monitor my drive and advise via Satellite radio when other low/no-vis cars are around me, as well as make sure I don’t miss my off ramp, each of which has its own special guidance beam signals!

I'm driving along the road on a section where the weather is OK, so other drivers not paying for a low/no-vis service are also driving, and look over and there's a guy weaving over the road in the same year L/C 100, billowing smoke and holding a mobile phone to his ear. I shake my head and take care to give ‘Murph’ a wide birth!

I also see a homebuilt clubman sports car in between us. Its open top. It has been built to kit car standards and has not undergone any safety tests that I know of and has unknown compliance to emissions standards and is not fully compliant to ADR's (Australian Design Rules) because the law doesn't require it. But my fears are allayed as the Clubman is obviously compliant as this registered vehicle is also in receipt of a low/no-vis service, and the R.T.A. operator has just advised me of the ‘clubman’ being in the same area on the road. The Clubman is paying the same fee as me for the low/no-vis service. The R.T.A operator has luckily seen ‘Ol Murph’ on an R.T.A camera and advises both myself and the Clubman of his presence even though ‘Ol Murph’ is not self-announcing on the radio, nor paying attention to other road users!

Here's the kicker. The clubman pays less general registration because its lighter. The front number plate has fallen off ‘Ol Murph’s’ L/C 100, so it is not approved nor able to pay a fee and drive in no/low-vis conditions. That's lucky!

Perhaps I should buy a clubman (less rego) and only drive in clear visibility conditions (like ‘Ol Murph’)
Hope ya get a giggle