PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2014, 06:27
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopes fading on government assistance for Qantas

lies and dishonesty....well they're not an exclusive domain of the left are they?
Yep, I agree, I am disappointed with TA & his crew so far but playing the "work choices" theme song is exactly the same as playing Labor's "FWA" theme song..

both are the same, just pays lawyers and look what that did for the Qantas staff who lost their gigs after Joyce shut down the airline, he just continued on his merry way cutting & slashing even with a new Liberal government installed... I doubt nothing will change much on that front... as both sides of government in Canberra simply lack talent to understand the ramifications of the course set by Clifford & Joyce for the future of Qantas.

I expressed my concerns about importance of preserving what's left of our industry to Mr Truss via email a few times in December as I was concerned about QFI pilots jobs, sadly after a lot of effort I got this standard reply.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-W...uss-letter.jpg

I still believe strongly in Qantas International and I think most Australians do, they simply haven't the time to think about it.

QI have been great ambassadors for Australia and aviation in general, now sadly being downsized to suit the wallets of a few at the top of the management tree. This same tree of managers (and their predecessors) simply forgot to order the right equipment, because they became consumed with their ego's conquering Asia, now in 2014 we have new Jet* equipment parked all over the place whilst QFI awaits its next course of management cutback announcements later this month. Brilliant stuff... but still the management try to complicate this simple mistake with blogs like this gem which is still rumbling along Former Qantas Chief Economist replies to CFO article | Plane Talking the comments says it all..

I guess a new round of proceedings in Canberra will start soon (again) so in the photo above just paste the head of your favourite Q manager or politician on either side of the political fence, none of them will own up, they will all just continue to cover their spots.

Qantas will renew its lobbying in Canberra next week when chief executive Alan Joyce meets senior politicians.
But analysts and sources within the Coalition believe it has become less likely that Qantas will be granted its wish of a financial guarantee in the form of a standby debt facility.