PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When noise complaints turn nasty.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2014, 05:35
Old Wannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boxy and bubble type helicopters

Following are two letters to the Editor published in the Caloundra Weekly ...Thursday January 30, 2014 ...page 34/35

"CHOPPER HORROR
I totally agree with all of what Maurie Woodward, Belvista (Caloundra Weekly, January 16) had to say, and congratulate him for bringing the topic up for all to see. He beat me to it!
I would also add, on Monday January 13, this helicopter, a strange one, not the usual bubble type, was creating havoc around my area. I had my almost three-year-old great granddaughter in the garden with me.
She ran screaming inside calling: BIG NOISE! and she had both hands over her ears. I consoled her and watched the helicopter going around and around our area. Then it headed towards the airport, but not the usual path, I (sic) went straight down the length of our garden towards Bell's Reach, where it hovered for a while, then went up and down in a line, over that area until it was out of my sight. It looked more square and boxy, and longer than normal, and it was white.
We admit we knew we were close to an airport when we built our home here in 2001/2, but we came each day to the site and only heard the occasional plane, so we thought, well that's not so bad. How wrong we were. We are now being drowned out by unthoughtful helicopter people. Have they no thought for other people who also work, everyday of the week and need a break on a Saturday and Sunday?
Here we go again, yesterday, and today, Sunday, January 19."
(signed) Doreen Hewitt
Caloundra West

Then we have this pearl following the above.

"BECKER BLAST
We read with interest the Words drowned out letter in your January 16 edition. As Pelican Waters residents, we can empathise with Maurie. Sunday, January 19 we were blasted with the red and white Becker helicopter completing some 100-plus movements over five hours from 8am until just after 1pm. All circuits no more than 30 meters over houses in Pelican Waters. At one stage, I was mowing the lawn and could still hear the helicopter over the noise of the lawn mower.
Our are is basically unlivable during these times. We fully support the people-power suggestion made by Maurie and will not be suffering in silence. If we do not let them know this is unacceptable, we will continue to be abused."
(Signed) CONCERNED PELICAN WATERS RESIDENTS

I think that both of these letters are an excellent indication of the selfish and moronic mentality of a minority of residents in the vicinity of the Caloundra Airport.

I would say them IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT - LEAVE!