PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 5th Feb 2014, 05:21
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaba

The real analogy is that I have a L/C 100. I've upgraded the radio to include bluetooth for the mobile phone and I (for the sake of the argument) have upgraded it with a DPF (Diesel particulate filter) so that it meets the same emissions standards as the new L/C 200 V8 Turbo diesel.

I'm driving along the freeway and look over and there's a guy weaving over the road in the same year L/C 100, billowing smoke and holding a mobile phone to his ear.

I down and I see a homebuilt clubman sports car in between us. Its open top. It has been built to kit car standards and has not undergone any safety tests and has unknown compliance to emissions standards and is not fully compliant to ADR's (Australian Design Rules) because the law doesn't require it.

Here's the kicker. The clubman pays less registration because its lighter. The front number plate has fallen off the other L/C 100, so its not paying the freeway tolls. I'm the only mug on the highway who has paid money to be compliant with road rules and vehicle certification (once again hypothetical)

So I am paying more for the ability to use the same piece of freeway.