PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Gatwick visitor facilities reduced
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 20:46
grafity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My only experience of the UKCAA was the ATPLs. I have to say that the behavior of the individuals I dealt with both during and after the exams was nothing short of shocking.

I seen one guy arrive to an exam without his Jepp Manual. Fair enough it's bad prep on his part, he should have brought it. But, they had multiple copies at the front of the room and wouldn't give it to him. The thing that really disgusted me is that they looked to be taking great pleasure in it.

Another occasion a phone starts ringing in the middle of the exam. The old one, who was in the processes of making as much noise as she can, pacing between rows of students trying to concentrate, nearly gives herself whiplash and an orgasm at the thoughts of catching a student, only to find that it's her colleague at the front of the room who's forgot to turn off her phone.

After been told by our lectures to appeal any dubious questions, we ask to speak to someone after one exam in which we found such a dubious question. We were told that we could only appeal a question if we failed!! What kind of attitude/quality control is that? We tried to convince the guy that they should have a look at the question, only to be told sure what do you care you'll pass it anyway. How the hell did he know that?

I've numerous other bad taste moments from my exams, which is a real pity especially with the great work some of the UK ground schools are doing.

Originally Posted by this is my username
though with hindsight it probably came across as more of a whinge.
Sometimes it's the bigger man that has a bit of whinge than bends over and just takes, you gave them 1000 quid and they treat you with complete disdain. Let it out!

Originally Posted by mad_jock
Ripped jeans, jeans with the arse down next to there knees, mankie t-shirts.
Really? It wasn't like that when I was there. But, maybe they can't afford belts and new t-shirts, because opposite to their 6 figure salary peers across the room they're actually being milked for every penny they own, every step of the way.