PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways B777 recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 19:48
Circumnavigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, based on my previous 3+ years experience with Jet, here are how medical coverage worked in the past. There were 2 types of medical insurance for expats at Jet ( and you had 2 plastic cards with all the numbers):
- While in India we had a policy with Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd. for ourselves and immediate family members. Works OK, several guys had some minor issues, like "Delhi belly", food poisoning etc. and that insurance was accepted by majority of nicely equipped private hospitals, no questions were asked.
-While flying all over the world outside of India, Jet crew were covered by policy with MedAire ( "Google" it). I don't remember if anyone ever used it, so no experience to share.

Also to protect my family while they often visit me on the layovers at bases such as BRU, SFO, PVG etc., I bought a emergency medical travel insurance through CAA ( Canadian AAA). Cost around $320 for three of us.

Regarding possibility of Jet sending you to operate flights from AUH to BOM/DEL instead of JFK, I guess it could happen especially if they need to bring you to BOM for recurrent training, medical, visas etc. but that's not going to be on the regular basis. They have enough Indian crew who wants to be close to home. That's happened in the past when we used to operate SFO-PVG-BOM. Expats operated only SFO-PVG-SFO leg and our Indian friends stay close to home with BOM-PVG-BOM flights.

It's a very dynamic situation over there with new bases to be open and
it's too early to demand some kind of stability, I think.