PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 18:35
Flight_Idle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't mean to speak out of turn here, but all these posts about complex administrative details, seem to forget that it's the technician at the 'Sharp end' who really has the final say in flight safety (Along with those who actually have to fly the machines)

A post on this thread awhile back struck a chord... If it had been a junior erk sat in the seat when it fired, I think there could possibly be a general assumption that it was his, or her fault.

It appears to me, that flight safety is very 'Top down' these days, given the plethora of administration, publications & the general dismissal of experience of those on the 'Coal face'.

It's a two way thing in my opinion, those on the 'Coal face' can't usually work out the fatigue life of an airframe for example, yet they know the inner workings to a fine degree.

It's the idea of complex administration, with guys on the ground 'Robotically' following instructions, which is wrong on so many fronts.

This post is somewhat off topic, but was prompted by all the posts about the 'Top down' administration.

Last edited by Flight_Idle; 4th Feb 2014 at 21:26.