PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot demand and supply - who has the figures?
Old 4th Feb 2014, 18:19
Swept

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Guys, you've added more facts to the info that I have gleaned over the last 18 months. As I said, I am lucky. I am in a well paid job in the ME still flying military kit but....at the ripe old age of 40 (?) something want (and need) to move on to another career challenge.

Lifeafteraviation sums the scene up much better than I could: Thanks for your thoughts.

As a professional aviator when you're son says he wants to fly planes and you think about dissuading him there must be something wrong. The military sector is more demanding than ever and there are so many issues with the future for manned aircraft. The civilian sector has been well assessed on these forums and has changed dramatically over the last 20 years, some would say for the worse.

I will keep monitoring the business market and the larger carriers and wait and see what happens. One day my CV might land on the correct desk and until then it's an game of numbers.

One thing I will keep doing is continuing enjoying flying at 400 plus knots and going upside down whenever I like.....for the time being!