PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 17:07
EGLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's my understanding that previous ejections (involving this Mk of ejection seat)had only succeeded because they were not zero zero ejections, and that MB were allegedly aware of this.
All rumour of course.
Isn't that accepted/evidenced by the fact they had told other air forces that their was the potential to over-tighten the bolts on the drogue shackle?

I thought the issue was more that the RAF had not officially been told, and that there was "no logic" for this?

"my understanding" is that the RAF were aware, but that it was information that was verbal and "understood" and so nothing official in any manual

Seems like a case of poor communication more than anything else as far as MB are concerned. What would be the reason for them to withold information that the seat could fail in zero/zero conditions if this bolt was over-tightened, when they had admitted as such to many other organizations?

Mods/upgrades/advisories are carried out constantly as issues are found on seats, why would this issue be any different?