PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian A320neo order
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 15:25
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manflexsrsrwy

What us lowly minions have been told and its the same in the public domain is that the order for both the Neo & Max (100 of each) are firm orders, the reason for ordering both are various including the deal from both Airbus & Boeing was such a good deal they order both. Also there is a significant delay before the Max is available in late 2017 and the Neo in next year.

It was also stated that by taking both Norwegian push back the delivery date to other operators bearing mind that the Neo should have a operating cost advantage over the current NG of 15% and the max over the NG of 15 -17%, but more importantly is the increased range both offer, Norwegian already operate some of the longest sectors operated by any NG operator anywhere in the world, DBX to OSL/ARN & TOS to TFS/LPA but have to restrict the payload to around 155-160.

Norwegian have also stated that they plan to operate other ultra long sectors and LPA to South America & the Caribbean have been mentioned amongst others, LGW east coast? same space as a 757, but less people, but much much lower operating cost per seat.

If Norwegian decide not to use them, then I'm sure Norwegian leasing will appear and no shortage of people wanting them i guess?

More interestingly is where will they be based and who will fly them, but as you say no shortage of people wanting to escape the desert and further East, if they don't take them, then their growth will stall when the current NG deliveries are completed, its for other to judge whether that will be a good or bad thing

re pecking order

Do you mean from a pilots point of view or size? if its the later the NAS are number 3 behind easyJet i believe

Thai contracts are for the 787 fleet

No shortage of applicants for the 738 fleet a course a week running for the 1st 3 months of this year and yes many ex FR guys