PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much is too much?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 08:14
japandwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarcasm

Not sure what is going on here with the rolling of the eyes. The issue was going on for a year and I posted before the last surgeries. Waited 8 months in all due to surgeries on my back.

This was really fairly minor, but I intentionally grounded myself for the duration of my medical condition. The neurontin medication was 3 years ago and is no longer an issue at all. I could have easily kept flying, but I stayed down to be on the safe side. The FAA is strict on flying during a medical deficiency! Not flying once while medicated.

What is truly puzzling is your attitude. I suspect most pilots are grounded at least once in their lives for various reasons. My reason was that I chose to be just to be on the safe side. Stay away from the AME until I am off any meds long enough for it to be completely out of my system, and the wounds to have healed. I can honestly say that I am completely pain free and have absolutely no issues to prevent me from flying. This was far better that being denied a medical due to conditions and medications. Better to wait until it is allover with.

I can't really see what the problem is here. I was deferred by the AME for the first time in my life. Nothing disqualifying, so I asked what is the norm here with deferalls?

Last edited by japandwell; 4th Feb 2014 at 08:27.