PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA China Southern!
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 06:13
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In most cases though you will not be able to let the FO land. ... You will always be what you are calling a "Full" Captain here but generally you will never be the signing Captain, at very least until you finish a full year and move to the D scale.
4Holer,

Sounds pretty much the same as I described, except that at my employer a pilot arriving with a type rating will become a qualified PIC within about 3 months and will from then on generally be the PIC on almost all of his flights.

From recent discussions with others involved with CSA my understanding is that the expat Captain there is almost never the signing Captain (i.e the PIC of record) if there is a local Captain of equivalent status as a member of the crew. This I'm given to understand covers almost all long-haul operations and leaves the expat as the PIC only in the instance of domestic/regional flights. Are you are suggesting that when there are 2 C or D captains on board both are recording PIC time, or alternatively is it that the "signing Captain" is not in fact the PIC of record?

Being the 2nd captain may not a show stopper for those who already have significant type PIC time in their logbooks and are more concerned about salary & time off, but it's a very serious concern if one is considering a CCQ offer or complete change of type.

Regards,

ELAC