PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ramp mummies.
Thread: Ramp mummies.
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2014, 02:16
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More mummies….

A De Havilland…..

…Dove outside of….

….Lubbock, TX.

Interior of Dove.

Here's yours truly with a very rare bird. A beautiful Czech Let L-200 Morava light twin from the 50's stored outside of London on a farm. I wanted to restore this one, but it was just too much work and the price was way too high.

The Morava was well ahead of its time and a great performer. This one was on the UK register and I think a few made it there. You still see a few around Europe at fly-ins. They were powered by Walther M337 engines and had Avia props. Please Google them - they are very pretty birds.

Here's another Aerostar, a 601P rotting away at Hawthorne (KHHR). The usual story - father dies and the kids fight over who should get the money from the sale….

….whilst the years pass and it rots away all value. This one has so much corrosion now it will never fly again. What a waste. People are stupid.

Now this is a rare bird. An Aero Commander 720 Alticruiser. One of only 12 built, I think. It was the first pressurised GA twin to ever come to the market in the late 50's. Ahead of it's time. This has been rotting away at Torrance airport for decades. Last I heard someone was trying to save it.

This old 520 Commander was sitting at Sedona, AZ for about ten years. Owner took off and one engine failed, he managed to get it back down, but never did repair it….

…finally the airport sold it for scrap to cover the unpaid tie down fees. I managed to buy the flaps and some ailerons off of this bird for my 520.