PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2014, 11:41
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point is that the existence of a VERY small number of aviation medical professionals, i.e. the optometrists, depends on this colour vision nonsense and in particular the introduction of the CAD. Get rid of this test and go back to the time served Ishihara Test and Lantern Tests (there ARE acceptable alternatives available to the now defunct Holmes-Wright Lantern).

We are no longer in the 1920's with coloured boards!!! This is the 21st Century and there are many alternative ways of conveying information other than simply by colour.

A FOIA request should be submitted to the CAA to establish EXACTLY how much the CAA donated to the development of this laughable CAD test (Quote: "If you're not sure then guess".....so, although I am CP4 in one eye and monochromatic in the other, through nothing other than guesswork I could pass the colour vision test and be passed fit to fly in that respect!).

Once it has been established how much fee payers' money has been wasted a formal complaint should be submitted to the Transport Secretary demanding the heads of those responsible on silver platters.

Apart from academic advancement I fail to see any real benefit that has come out of the CAD test.

Apart from the CAD test, there is NOTHING that could not be achieved at a high street optometrist.

I'm sorry if the aviation optometrists have to get a real job and and work for a living but if the CAA is genuinely concerned about reducing costs they need to look at the obscene salaries they pay out in certain areas.