PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2003, 16:58
axiom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spent 30 minutes posting something here and my server went down and lost the lot.

Who the bloody hell is running the communications show in Aust right now snarek?

To recap;

1) Snarek. Murphie appears to be a one man band, tunnel vision, wants support for something worhtwhile but is being drawn into things thet do not concern him. He is not an accountant, Solicitor, barrister or engineer with a plethora of degrees, but he has an idea, a promise to give 12 months of his time to a positive project but is being hindered by people who want a "for us or against us" promise.

Bloody factions.

Ask not if Murphie can work with the Board (whoever they are, but can they work with him.

Can you do likewise?

Emeus;

Whatever you do, don't let anyone know who you are, because, even if they suspect, you could be hit with a warning, writ etc.

It's quiet fashionable right now I hear.

You have told us who you are for and against and quiet frankly you are becoming boring.

What do you have to offer that will fix this? Castor oil?

For info., Bob is not on anyone's ticket, but has promised to work with whoever will work with him.

If you suspect he is a Communist, Gay, a Mason, or an ultralight pilot, or anything else that offends your morals, don't vote for him, but if he gets elected and is part of the Board, can you accept the democratic voice of the members? I'm sure he will and if he goes out with a whimper, he will do exactly as gentlemen before him have done (I refer to Jim Dawson), leave quietly and with dignity

Research has told axiom today that

1) When Dick Smith ran the show, there were open committee meetings.

2) When Boyd ran the show, there were open committee meetings.

3) When Bill Hamilton ran the show, there were open committee meetings.

4) Toward the end of the Hamilton reign, new members dictated a closed shop.

Murphie advises that at the first opportunity he will lobby to have open committee meetings that will stop this rot of rumours and vindictive character assasinations that have bedevilled the show for the past year and a bit.

Can someone now tell me what is wrong with this and how this can be another attempt by axiom or Murphie to bring asunder the smooth running of AOPA?

He is still waiting for some positive indications from Ms Pagani about Incorporated Associations viz liability matters that have a fair degree of support and need airing.

Snarek, you'r in charge, fix my computer up.