PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dental Implant Mexico???
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 17:40
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
The clinic or hospital will not be inspected or recognised by a regulator to the same standard as North America or Europe

The doctor or dentist will not be licensed to the standards of North America or Europe. Teaching in the US could mean all sorts of things.

I could go on about the traceability of the implants / drugs / disposables and the reliability of anything said but perhaps the most important issue is that if you are thinking of this route you must be prepared to fight if you don't get the service you are expecting.

I know nothing about Mexico. My knowledge of overseas healthcare comes from a small sample of patients and may not reflect a particular country or clinic, but whenever you seek care outside the first world you take a risk and enter the unknown.

In short don't. I see so many people who try to save a few bucks and end up needing additional work back home just to get back to where they were. Complaints at best meet a wall of silence, at worse threats.

In my country we provide corrective surgery or dental work free of charge but I understand this is not the case in all countries. If you end up getting a medical complication from the dental work make sure your health insurer will cover it.

There are some countries which I would consider based on their standard of care. An example is Turkey. Mexico doesn't make my list

Last edited by Radgirl; 2nd Feb 2014 at 18:04.