PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request for Ryanair new joiners info.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 16:11
Zyox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. 2-2.5 months for Type Rating incl base check and license endorsement from IAA. Line training probably another 2-3 months depending on base and sectors required. Took me 6 months in total from TR start to end of line training.

2. No pay while with safety pilot (12-18 sectors max) then pay once he's released. SO ends at 500hrs. Pay bumps. Same at 1500hours.

3. First year pay is whatever per hour by 750-800 hours. You're cheap. You'll be worked. Expect to me out of base for one week a month while cheap. Due to offset of cost of type rating you will not be eligible for a lot of tax until the cost of the TR is paid back to you (see 4 below) and this will give you false illusion of earning lots more money which will disappear in year 2/3. Watch out for it. Budget for it by either saving or paying off your loan early with the extra cash you're netting. Go easy on buying the Breitling and the M3.

4. You form a LTD company. You pay the TR through the company. So essentially the company now owes you 35k because you've personally given the money to your company and it owes it back to you. This is one big business expense so everything earned up until the value of 35k (or whatever it is now) is essentially "tax free". You net way more than you would if you had to pay normal tax until the time as to which the company has fully paid you back via expenses as to the cost of the TR that you put into the company. Don't let this make you fall into the I'm loaded' trap as described above.

This is all based on my information from over 4 years ago however but from I can see around the place it still stands. Open and welcome to corrections. Apologies if the explanation of the TR and company stuff is

(edit to update with out of base sentence)