PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 15:58
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind Sock you're talking a lot and not listening. I suggested knocking down a sixties relic on the verge of collapse and replacing it with a loco type tin shed terminal Ryanair would happily use. Wizz moving to GLA was the nail in the coffin of the idea PIK could go against GLA and win.
GLA are now fighting EDI and PIK for every scrap of traffic. PIK only offers one thing, "much cheapness"! No shops of note, no lounge facilities, little retail, not one airbridge. All those thing airports need to have nowadays.

I support PIK, have done all my days. Ayrshire was my home.
Let's be clear, the only realistic way to make that business pay is by diversifying again. Cargo, maintenance, cargo, flight training, tech stops, cargo and keeping Ryanair sweet. Did I mention cargo?

Play the ball, not the man....SWBKCB is a considered and thoughtful poster I have found, we can disagree but always without getting personal.

Btw I think my first memory is of two CP Air DC10s, one each on stand 2 and 4. *sighs* Thought I'd never fly on one but Bangladesh at Birmingham beckons