PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Why do airlines persist in serving us in-flight meals? "
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 13:43
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
My complaint about airline meals is not the blandness - but when they, literally, spice them up. They want to make them more tasty at Fl360 and think that adding spices is the way to go. A few years ago on VS in PE, I could not eat any of the meals due to spices.

The CC asked why I had not ordered a special meal and I said that I was not a vegetarian, nor was I intolerant of lactose etc. but I was intolerant of spices. The head CC arrived (very polite) and I explained that in all my years of paxing this was the first time I had been asked to choose from a menu that contained nothing I could eat. She brought me the Upper menu and told me what was surplus and I had a good meal. So bland might not be such a bad idea.

I think Mr Calder (the journo) is running out of things to write about.

On the thread drift topic of school holidays, I was discussing this last night with friends who have x2 at school:
"We are told not to take our children out of school. The govt just took a teacher out of school for jury duty for up to one month. The pupils will now have supply teachers and others. So the govt has disrrupted 30 pupils in one go. Result? "