PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia Hiring?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 10:01
TheMist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@BPA All FO jobs, or single engine. Multi piston that have been advertised recently have required time on certain types. As others have pointed out the ones I am really after don't need to advertise as they are the ones with people knocking on the door it seems, and I agree.
@Clare Prop I am in agreement to try for an appointment, as I haven't always had a good reception when turning up in person cold calling in the past, which is why I am taking the phone route at the moment. ...It is having some pluses, I've saved on a few trips already such as to Alice, as an operator there actually interviews and hires from Melbourne, and a operator in Cairns is not hiring for 6 months, and one in Melbourne has surplus pilots as it is. Surprising how many Chief Pilots are away sick at the moment too.
As for research first, believe me yes I did just that, watching all the masses of ads from the higher ups heating up from Sept to Dec. Getting confirmation from a couple of HRs of lower down companies of stockpiling CVs ready for the movement. However the only evidence of mass shift so far has been the abundance of Instructor vacancies. Maybe I'm just a bit pre-emptive as Morno pointed out.