PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia Hiring?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 09:27
Mach E Avelli

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts
As a former chief pilot I would never cut short a meeting or in any way change my schedule to meet a 'walk up' applicant. If they were genuine they would wait.
If the applicant was well presented, had all his licences and logbooks with him and a decent resume, I always found time either at the end of that business day or before start of the next to at least give him/her 15 minutes of courtesy that I believed initiative and persistence deserved. Even if only to tell the wannabe where else to try if his experience was insufficient for our requirements.
I much preferred a direct approach to the time-wasters who could not understand advertisements that we sometimes placed requiring certain minima - when they were nowhere near that minima. They usually applied with reams of supporting material that took time to digest to realise they were faking it or simply trying it on. This only succeeded in having me place them on a black list - not to be considered for any future vacancy. With a notation - "can't read - lacks basic comprehension". Cruel, huh?