PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 08:02
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two words

Training Capacity

There is no room to train all these candidates in one go and they lack the necessary TRI / TRE as well
Thats the reason why they are recruiting expat pilots on all fleets . There are not enough captains
Sim slots are the biggest issue considering there are about 100 or more candidates from the 2011 recruitment alone

Only if you have the training capacity in place can you hire and train so many pilots

I wonder why they need so many pilots . . .
Huge expansion plans ofcourse through their new hub in Abu Dhabi . Most of their 777 fleet on lease is coming back into the Jet Airways fleet
On top of that they will be using the 737 for more night flights into Abu Dhabi from various Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities in India

In order to fill pilots on the 777 you need to upgrade them from the 330 or the 737 fleet . But before doing that you need to have an adequate number of pilots ( both captains and FO's ) trained and ready to take over on the 737 / 330 fleet

Some 737 pilots will be upgraded to FO's on the 777 and some FO's will be upgraded to Captains

Since the 777 will be flying long haul the number of pilots per airplane can be as high as 30 per aircraft compared to the 10-14 on the 737

My theoretical estimate based on the 100 expat captains that Jet wanted to hire on the 777 fleet would result in about 300 co pilot vacancies
I have a feeling that the vacancies will be much higher....

All in all good news for the unemployed CPL holders