PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea News
Thread: North Sea News
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 04:20
Woolf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It would arrogant to assume our misfortune is all down to bad luck.
I totally agree! However on the flip side so would it be arrogant to assume that not having misfortune is all down to doing everything right (which is something that some of our colleagues are very good at). I've experienced many people in this industry believing that what they do and how they do things is best and not other approach seems worthy of consideration, in fact some companies seem to base their whole culture around this. I always thought that that in itself was a big whole in the cheese!

Everyday is a school day and I'm sure there are many things we can and should learn or copy from our Norwegian counterparts same as they could certainly learn a few things from operators here in the UK. A more open dialog would certainly help and maybe someone from Norway could elaborate a bit more on how they perceive things?

As an aside if there is one thing I've learned in life sofar it's smirking at someone else's misfortune might be gratifying in the short term but you usually you end up with egg on your face before you know it.

W