PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yemenia A-310 accident 2009 report
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2014, 18:10
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manslaughter charges

Thanks for the added clarity Dozywannabe
English isn't my first language and yes I too used a hard word like murder..as watching western homicide movies the term"manslaughter" amounts to "murder" even if involuntary..but I think usage of that term in an Aviation accident does not settle well in my conscience.Negligence would have been more apt perhaps? Yemenia, I concur needs to step up their game seriously and review their recruitment and crew induction methods additional to improving their English language standards in flying operations. The should strive transparently to improve their safety culture.

I nearly flew for this airline in 1993.Nepotism plays an important role in its recruitment.I met a guy during my CPL training who couldnt speak an English sentence beyond 2 words and somehow got the license..and next time a see him in 1993 jockeying their 727s..and still dumbfounded in English..how does a chap like that read..let alone understand the AFM and SOPs.how does he communicate with ATC in the international flights that he operates? The English language deficiency as well as general communication shortcomings was common at all levels in the airline from Admin to Engineering and Operations.A lot has improved nowdays thanks to digital generation folks and internet.I am concerned that yemen indulges in the local fresh produce (herb) called "khat" and even its crews use it to stay awake for night flights I hear.That herb has a way of distorting the mental faculties.I wonder if Forensics discovered its contents in the crews bloodstream.It might have played a role to explain the mental abherations obsered in the flight crew's performance that night.

Last edited by Trackdiamond; 3rd Feb 2014 at 03:03. Reason: title