PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2014, 09:54
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah - there you go again, BEagle! Never miss an opportunity to swipe at the Buccaneer. The Staff Nav was probably so pied off with you that he was working out just how to write up another of your failed sorties! Was it that sortie that led to you being chopped?

No excuse for messing up his pins but, since he knew he was flying with a smart ass, he was probably quite confident that you would sort it out for him!

Back in the Fold

PS. That always assumes that your story is true, of course, and not just more anti-237 OCU BfB (Boocks from BEagle)

BEagle:

I think that the aircraft I flew which had the most pins was the Buccaneer - clearly it was essential to ensure that they were all in the correct position pre-start and also before exiting the aircraft.

On one occasion, I don't know why, but after I'd checked my cockpit, something made me go back and check the rear seat after the navigator had climbed out. Wherupon I found that he'd transposed 2 pins into the wrong locations, meaning that one element of the seat wasn't safe as one pin was longer than the other and wasn't doing its job, being in the wrong hole.

So I relocated them into their correct locations, then joined my navigator in the line hut. True to form, being a 237 OCU staff navigator, the first thing he said was "Where the f*** have you been?". When I told him, he said "Rubbish - and how dare you stick your nose in my cockpit"......

Typical of the sort of treatment we students had to put up with in those days.....