PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Life Jacket HM Series Survivor
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2014, 09:41
Top_Cat_6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baffled...

Unbelievable! In my quest to find the correct Life Jacket up to CASA/SOLAS standards, I stumble upon this initially useful page. Only to find a bunch of children squabbling over the semantics of a colour (black) of a life vest. Was it not a fair point? Is it not true that us Aussies endure searing heat in our warmer months? Clearly the black life vests, thus the heat, has gotten to you that you feel the need to post such rudeness.

People look up to us pilots, similarly as they do police officers and fire fighters and yet here I am left wondering who put your pilots licence in the breaky corn flakes packet. Unbelievable. You should be ashamed of yourselves. We are all mates here sharing our love and knowledge of aviation, don't forget that. Professional Pilots is the title, perhaps we should take note of that standard and actually uphold it. Wouldn't that just be an idea!

In spite of initial trepidation, as I too thought, hey, it's black, it might be too hot wearing these, but I need them asap, they are sufficient for my intended flight path and in my price range, so, I have two of the HM Series Survivor Lifejacket With Light in the mail right now.

Thanks for the constructive comments guys, keep up the good work. I will update once I have utilised them. Cheers!