PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calf tear
Thread: Calf tear
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2014, 08:49
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I had followed my own advice, I would not now be lying in bed with a badly bruised leg, broken wrist, arm in plaster from hand to biceps, and in a lot pain, and with the prospect of having to cancel my forthcoming rail trip across via Holland and Germany to Poland. Bummer.

I was walking back through the forest yesterday after a dentist appointment and due to extremely heavy rain, the path I normally take is a raging torrent. I had to walk along the elevated bank and slipped on the wet muddy rocks and lost my balance, fell into the raging river, got soaked in icy water from head to foot, and landed on my right arm cutting my hand and wrist and spraining the wrist badly so I can barely move my fingers and can't use the hand even to lift a cup of tea or to type. I had to climb back up to the the road and must have looked like a tramp, with soaking muddy clothes, wet hair, and blood pouring off my hand!

The relevance of the dentist bit is that I had an anaesthetic for treatment of an upper tooth and I am sure that affected my ear and thus my balance as I am normally very sure-footed.

Pain and swelling got dramatically worse during the afternoon, went to doctor, referred for x-rays, and that's it.

Now looking for an orthopaedic surgeon SASPO if anyone knows one who may be able to get me an appointment next week in Surrey or even further afield. Quite happy, in fact would prefer, to go private rather than wait for NHS, for which I possibly don't qualify anyway as my surname is not Al-Ahmani or Ogebugo.