PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 3D printing of carbon fibre parts
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 23:42
Linktrained

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some may recall that IBM said that there might be a world requirement for less than 10 computers. They sold 19 IBM 701 s in 1953. And then 1800 IBM 650 s in the following years. The architecture was made available to all - or was it nearly all?

Some of the thousands of APPs now available, may have been drafted as a game or small program on a BBC, Spectrum or VIC nearly thirty years ago.

Some one is making me a spider, in plastic, using an amateur 3D Printer. Complex in design and taking a few hours to print. I understand that the actual computing requirement is not very high, so part of a PC could be doing something else

I have read of two other people who are attempting to make an "artificial limb" for use by some of the many disabled children for whom a "proper" limb would not be affordable or often, even available. ( Perhaps the child will need the next size up when the first is worn out, if made of plastic.)

The Multi Bobbin version mentioned sounds promising for an industrial size set-up.