PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 22:21
oldmansquipper

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
760s & 765s

DA

You said : "Perhaps even the maintainers who could perhaps have raised a number of 760s and 765s".

Perhaps they could/did - However....

In the Mid 80 - to early 90s, I recall the mantra that came out of (some) Eng Wg HQs I knew and loved was "Do you realise how much it costs to raise a F760?" ...this was often followed by a ripping sound emanating from handbrake house.

Later, and whilst in an EA post processing (amongst many other things) loads of 760s & 765s, We developed a very good working relationship with `Mr 765`(A Sqn Ldr M**dl*** IIRC) and all was well until the 765 cell disappeared in a puff of smoke amongst the headlong rush to MDGs or IPTs or whatever the latest yukspeak term was. A great shame, as the work load then fell onto a rapidly restructured IPT which had been reduced in size, reorganised (several times) relocated (several times) and largely civilianised... CSDE disappeared around this time as well...And if that wasn't enough, all this was happening in and around Gulf War 1.

Without a doubt, things got missed. It was (and is, I guess) a sad state of affairs.