PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 22:02
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Zulu

Please explain.

which was echoed by Tecumseh's slight about "designers".
I talked of Design Reviews, and the policy decision by CDP and his staff (especially DGAS2/XD1 - Nimrod, Chinook) that they may be waived by non-technical staff, and a false declaration made that they were held successfully, and full payment made. Like dragartist, I state a simple fact, and DE&S has on many occasions confirmed this practice is acceptable, most recently last month. I am quite comfortable repeating this. It was submitted in evidence to both Haddon-Cave and Lord Philip; and less than a week ago to the HofC Defence Committee. At no time has MoD sought to refute what I say.

In fact, DE&S has been extremely helpful in this matter, offering to provide the correspondence from CDP upholding these rulings. Think about that. DE&S has staff so utterly and completely barking, or supremely confident of the top cover from VSOs (probably both) that they offer to provide the written evidence that it is stated policy to discipline staffs who seek to implement mandated airworthiness regulations, and support to the hilt staffs who commit fraud.

And the MAA is FULLY aware of this, having been informed in the presence of a Minister and been party to the above DE&S correspondence. The record of proceedings is very clear! Neither took any action. That gets to the root of the problem. Those few staffs who met their legal obligation were castigated and disciplined for their impertinence, and despite the Nimrod Review and the changes it has brought about in MoD, they are still castigated, despite being proven 100% right. The official Ministerial line remains that there have been no systemic airworthiness failings. So why was the MAA formed?

Finally, how daft does it look sniping at someone who has consistently fought for aviation safety, yet in the same breath list a raft of things both you and I fully agree upon. It makes me think what is upsetting you/MoD is WHO revealed the failures and, more to the point, WHO ordered and perpetuated them while aircrew were dying in avoidable accidents. Please don't shoot the messenger.