PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing down during final approach.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 19:14
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact that you can do it is the main issue...I would not over think the how part at this point if I were you
Exactly my point in a previous post about if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Your ability do do that was generated by either very good instruction
Have to say Chuck that I've been incredibly lucky and had some of the best instructors around in both gliding and powered, guys who live and breathe flying. Plus I belong to a club that has some of the most experienced pilots around, ex mil FJ, ex mil CFS instructors, airline pilots, warbird pilots, you name it we got 'em. Just listening to the talk at the tea bar is worth it's weight in gold. I guess it rubs off.

1. in the C172, is there some sort of limitation about slipping with full flaps?

Ihaven't flown one in 30 plus years,

2. IF the wing low crowd is flying an ILS to minimums in a rain storm with a crosswind, how do they fly the instrument portion correcting for changing winds during the descent?

1. Yes.

2. I had been thinking along the same lines. If you're 6 miles out and flying an ILS in an interesting xwind do the 'slippers' slip it or do they allow for wind and crab it? I obviously would offset for the wind ie crab it. Can't see as you could do anything else TBH as you have no visual reference to hold the slip to.

Last edited by thing; 31st Jan 2014 at 20:07.