PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 787 "teething troubles" statistics?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 15:55
Bye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether it is a surge bleed valve or a systems bleed valve is irrelevant.
very wrong indeed.

The anti ice bleed valve is selectable in exactly the same way as the HP bleed valve
wrong again, the HP anti surge valves are NOT pilot selectable, the anti ice air take off is. and is available continuously for selection.

Yes, the Trent 1000 is more efficient because it does not use bleeds for air con or running hydraulic pumps
wrong again, the Trent 1000 is more efficient for other reasons, the transfer of HVAC from the cabin bleed does not use less fuel, it uses more for the same amount of cooling as the generating system and HVAC compressors are less efficient as a system, what it does allow though is better modulation of the HVAC system when less people are on board or less cooling is required.

Again with the hydraulic its the overall system that allows more efficient use, but for the same energy consumption the engine uses more fuel.

also as the radial shaft now has to carry over 500 HP it is less efficient as a power take off system.

but it still has surge bleed control valves like any other engine.
which is exactly what i said in my first post on this subject

and emergency brakes.
what emergency brakes ?

the brakes are electrically actuated and can be operated by battery power alone, i'm not aware of any emergency brakes being fitted to the aircraft.

but then i'm in a minority of one