PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 10:58
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I did. I should have worded it more precisely.

As you are aware, last summer the non-BRS based FR aircraft operated more flights each day/week than the BRS-based ones meaning that many FR arrivals and departures were occurring at relatively quiet times for the airport generally.

As you point out the FR flights were often in clusters with for example six or seven arriving and then departing during the mid evening on most days at a time when many of the based aircraft of other airlines (notably easyJet) would have been away from the airport in the middle of their final rotations of the day.

I don't make any comment as to the operational efficiency such a situation because I'm not qualified to make a judgement.

I look at it from a passenger's perspective where anything that lessens the quite severe congestion that sometimes occurs at peak times in the departure areas at BRS where there can be up to 30 departures in three hours in the morning peak before 0900 is to be welcomed. The central walkway currently under construction with new pre-boarding zones ought to go some way to making life more pleasant for passengers anyway.