PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing down during final approach.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 09:41
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyingMac

Don't worry One of my most memorable flights in a Jodel was in one without wheels
it was on Skis on a mountain course out of Meribel in the french Alps! Amazing

Look I am not bothered what technique anyone wants to use as with women whatever lights your fire

Dear John classifies himself as an aeroplane driver not a pilot autopilot everywhere! If John buys a cirrus he will not even have to land, just pull the chute (sorry john only in jest)

if the slip was soooo good it would be the majority method used across the board in aviation! sorry but it is far from the most used method which must say something especially as the stalwarts of the slip claim it is easier and safer

My concern is anyone using a system to make up for lack of basic handling skills! If a pilot is competent in both methods and chooses the slip then fine! As I said whatever lights your fire.

We should all be confident near the ground in any winds within reason and instinctively put in the right control movements to play the aircraft like a violin.
If we use methods to cover up holes in our abilities that would worry me!

Maybe we are asking the wrong question regarding the slip? maybe that question should be that if it is better and safer why it is not the majority method of use in aviation bottom to top?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 31st Jan 2014 at 09:57.