PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 09:28
DrakeSkyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct, the ab-initio programme is the 55 week cadet programme. It sounds like they use the same application for that and the AE programme. Like I said before, the AE programme is unlikely to resume in the near future and even if it does, there is a long long line of applicants who have been put on hold before, who will be the first ones in line.

My suggestion would be to keep trying for the ab-initio programme while you are undergoing training in Canada. There's no harm in trying since it wouldn't disrupt your training, and if you do get asked for an interview, your training will hopefully show them that you are committed to flying as a career. I have friends who have CPLs and an excess of 250 hours who still passed the cadet selection process so don't worry too much about having too much experience.

You should also consider applying for the Dragonair cadet programme. They may be a subsidiary of CX, but the recruitment departments are separate. Many people have failed one and passed the other.