PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 08:56
P51-Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview:

My interview lasted for about 45 mins. HR questions were: About yourself, Why flying as a career, why Jet Airways, they asked me about my non-flying job, etc.
Flying related: TORA/TODA/ASDA,etc, Induced Drag, Various methods to reduce induced drag, Winglets, why 777 don't have winglets but 747's do, RVSM, how flaps work, types of flaps and how they affect the aerodynamics, types of entries into a hold, V1, V2, etc speeds, I was given an enroute chart and asked to explain the entire route from Delhi to Lucknow.
In the beginning I was asked which subject I had prepared the best.

I wore a suit with tie. A shirt and tie is well accepted but make sure you were a light coloured shirt, preferably White. Socks should be the same colour as your trousers, preferably black.

IPT:

I was given a VECC 01 (Can't remember L or R) VOR/DME chart about half an hour before the test to go through and asked questions based on the chart.
T/O on auto pilot and once airborne asked to fly a specific heading, then intercept a couple of outbound radials, then a couple of inbound radials, entry into the hold, 2 holds, and then as per the published procedure fly outbound and intercept finals for the VOR/DME approach.
Charts will be given, study them inside out. Read the jeppessen manual and know each and every symbol.

Please practice DME Arcs, ILS/DME approaches, NDB approaches and intercepts, Missed approach procedures. Just to make sure you know everything.

Medicals:

Following are the blood & urine tests you've to do:
1. CBC
2. Liver Function Test
3. Prothrombin Time Test
4. Fasting Blood & Urine
5. Post Sugar Blood & Urine ( 2 hrs after consuming 75 gms of glucose, you can't eat anything in between)
6. Urine Routine
7. Stool Routine
8. Lipid Profile

Other than this, you've to do Stress Test (on the treadmill), Opthal, ENT, Audiometry, Chest X-ray & General Physical.
If there are any abnormalities, you'll be asked to repeat the test again with certain instructions.

Hope it helps.