PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 04:36
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Locals only

Unless your a local and getting your CPL paid for I don't think CX is a good option.

A guy I know who already had his CPL was one of the first accepted when they started taking HK ID card holders who weren't PR's.

He had to do his whole CPL and IR again (at no expense but a massive waste of time). He has only just got upgraded to FO and this has taken him more than 5 years from when he started at FTA. So the stories of 3 year upgrades to FO are all BS. The cost of living is 30% higher now than when he joined and I don't believe he has had any sort of significant pay rise. He tells me financially an SO is in a much worse position than they were in 2008/09/10.

So be warned CX. I would say once the 7 year bond finishes (might be 5, I don't really remember exactly) for most of the zero to 250 hours guys you have been pumping through in last 6 years, you will have a mass exodus that will leave you very lacking. Two years on type as an FO (plus the 5 years SO makes 7 years) will get you 1500 hours leaving outfits with better conditions and pay welcoming you with open arms.