PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Noise Complainers
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 03:56
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always an amusing topic this noise issue, ever notice that every post is from aviation enthusiasts (be interesting to know how many 'noisy' people have PPrune Acc's) saying the std reply mostly, the drome was there first, I mean it's almost pointless, we pat each other on the back almost, I'm no different.
I grew up under the Flt path of EN the major drome many years ago (bloody noisy no quiet generation noise abatement back then) & I am not aware of any complaints from my neighbors around me & that's 'cause life back then was far more simple, we all got along well we respected the law & behaved accordingly, now Christ it's all 'about me' & we have lost control of our now pressure cooker society, it's a war zone out there!
Noise complaints are everyone's right, aviation is only a small area as I believe barking dogs are the most complained about as far as councils are concerned. We are all entitled to a level of peace & to keep the amenity of our properties, trouble is we now live in a pressure cooker society where tolerance is almost zero in all walks of life.
A bitching society keeps a LOT of people in employment!

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 31st Jan 2014 at 04:08.