PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2014, 03:29
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Australopithicus:

While I get as incited as the next bloke at the spectre of criminal intent it is true that you should never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
I know, but consistently hopeless management and one failed takeover attempt, one aborted, the promotion of Joyce over Borghetti, the alliance with Emirates and the Asian ventures stretch my credulity

Thethe:

Utter conspiracy theory rubbish!

Alan and the board have employed a strategic direction which they believe will be successful. Unfortunately they are hopelessly incompetent, it's nothing more than that. They will not waver in their own beliefs and just ask a few former senior executives what happens when you question the strategy, even though the strategy is constantly changing. They take a punt on a thought bubble and are forced to double down when it fails.

I have been told that some big funds have been making a lot of money from derivative trading the stock. They make money whether the share price goes up or down and are happy to have the current management who through nothing more than incompetence, maintain volatility in the stock; and volatility creates opportunity for clever people to make a killing.
close but no cigar. Ever heard of naked short selling, puts and calls? Naked shorting is an artistic form of corporate rape practiced on Wall Street. For all you know, there is a billion or Two rding on getting Qantas down to Fifty cents. Its much easier and faster to make money that way. Qantas is easily big enough to be a hedge fund toy and it doesnt have the resources or the skills to take on a real predator like Carl Icahn..

troo believer:

Sunfish do you really believe some New York hedge funds are that smart to muck around with a relatively small Aussie company? Perhaps they're not that smart either judging by how much their paper loss is and how it's apparent that the share price will never recover to the giddy prices of over 5 Bucks a share! For many years the staff at Qantas have known just how ineptly the company has been run and yet nobody was listening until now.
see what I wrote above, Then go to the link below. Guys like these would kill Qantas jut to win a bet. They do it all the time. Australian regulator? Wouldn't have a clue.

Michael Milken, 60,000 Deaths, and the Story of Dendreon (Chapter 1 of 15) | Deep Capture