PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Solo!!!
Thread: First Solo!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2014, 21:01
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thing
First of all congrats on the solo! Have imaginery conversations with yourself and ATC. I don't know what the score is in Oz regarding RT but just have a departure conversation or a zone crossing conversation with yourself while cracking a tinny.

By the way, I go to Bris every year for a month and looked into doing a conversion over there so I could rent a plane when on holiday. That was until I found out the cost...jeez you guys pay top dollar for flying, I'll never complain about the cost of flying in the UK again. I tried Archerfield and Redcliffe, where do you fly from?
I fly out of Redcliffe. I like the instructors there, and its one of the cheaper places around. Its also convenient for me and allows me to get some flight time in before work. Not to mention, the 172's are all pretty modern.

No ATC at Redcliffe, its CTAF. We have to do some time at Archerfield eventually to learn all that stuff. I do my radio training in my motorcycle helmet on the way to and from work!

I have a British Passport, maybe I should come do some training over there if its cheap!