PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atpl evolution and Imc credit?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2014, 19:19
PitotBlockage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,
Apologies for delay, Ive been working away.

Bose & 3 Point, many thanks for your replies. I didnt realise that under the EASA rules you could now be paid for Instructing with a PPL. This is great news. I have searched the CAP 804 and eventually found this information. This is brilliant and saves a whole chunk of cash and time to reach my goal. The plan I have now is to increase my hours ( 130 was total time, approx 80 PIC, sorry I should have said ) by doing my IMC and Aerobatic which I believe will add around 23 to 25 hours and I hope make my PPL flying top notch. Then build up to the 200/150 needed. Thanks 3 point, I have looked and no I haven't done QXC yet.

However before I get too giddy, I appreciate that you know the system more than I but i was always led to believe that if you passed ATPL exams as I did in 2005 that If you didn't pass CPL or IR in 3 years then they had to be done again. I assumed by this that the same would apply for the FI course. If this is the case Its a shame the don't tell you anywhere. I really didnt know they still had any value. I just assumed id wasted my 4 grand and couldn't do anything with them. Hence why I stated they had lapsed. Are they still good after 9 years? Especially as they were JAR - ATPL's

Thanks for your help guys, Kinda made my week so far