PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2014, 13:21
Bang Or West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunnyjohn - your assertion that "Because the crew were busy putting the seats back, as I previously mentioned, they left late and did not obtain a Met report until they were airborne. Had they read it on the ground it might have turned out differently" is INCORRECT.

You have become absolutely hung up on the crew putting the seats back in at BFS/EGAA, they did have METAR and TAF information before they left BFS/EGAA first thing that morning.

The actual FACTS as reported by the AAIU (page 9) state that :

"The accident Flight Crew … commenced duty at EGAA at 06.15 hrs (and) downloaded flight documentation including meteorological information for Belfast City Airport (EGAC), Cork Airport (EICK) and Dublin (EIDW) in a handling agent's briefing office at 06.25 hrs.

The aircraft departed EGAA … at 06.40hrs on a short positioning sector to EGAC.."

A photo of the METAR and TAF they had in their possession is shown on page 31. The markings on the page (various circlings and underlinings) would indicate that time wasn't so short, as you seem to think, that they hadn't just printed it and put it in the FO's flightbag.

I'm going to make a suggestion, and there's no kind way to say this, but I suggest you put the kettle on, make a pot of coffee and sit down and actually READ the report from start to finish, wild fanciful speculation based on your own theories about what might have happened isn't really helping the flow of the debate here. IMHO.