PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY future recruitment
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2014, 09:01
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The next round of recruitment at easyJet is scheduled to begin in April. That is only two months from now. It is quite a long and involved process, so they start early. Employment would begin from the end of the summer onwards. There is a problem, however.

As any of you who have followed easyJet will be aware, an unfortunate situation arose in the last round of recruitment whereby jobs were offered to many more people than they had jobs available. As a result around 40 people who were offered jobs were not subsequently employed. This was not a deliberate act of deceit, but rather in a last-minute change to the numbers required for this year. Nonetheless it caused great difficulty and upset for the individuals involved. Common sense would indicate that these individuals are looked at again first. That also means that, although the recruitment process will be underway, in reality the first 40 places should already be spoken for. That obviously assumes that easyJet honours their previous commitments which I sincerely hope we do. There is no doubt that what happened in the last year was a great embarrassment to us, and I have every reason to believe we will endeavour to put right what went wrong last time. The people who run the recruitment are not heartless monsters, but it is far from a perfect process. Although I work there, and can heartily recommend easyJet as an employer overall, I am as intrigued as anybody to find out how we put right what happened last year. Part of being a good employer, is that when you make promises you keep them, and this is a golden opportunity to put that into practice.