PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 30th Jan 2014, 03:06
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Jabawocky

Re your post #212, I have been in touch with Cessna Pacific and also Cessna in the USA for more than two-and-a-half years in relation to the ADS-B upgrade for my CJ-3.

A service letter is not actually a service bulletin. It appears the service bulletin from Cessna is necessary to give an avenue to modify the boxes in my aircraft so it is compliant.

The Cessna Tech Rep says the service bulletin is promised for the first quarter of this year – that “it’s coming”. When that service bulletin is available I will get a quote and then decide whether to spend the money on my aircraft or flog the aircraft back to the USA (I don’t use it that much) and fly my other aircraft more where you don’t have to pay Airservices a cent and you see fantastic scenery - or spend more time on my boat.

Most importantly, I have asked “the powers that be” if they would consider dispensations in line with what has been allowed in Canada. That is, the ADS-B airspace is flight level 350 to flight level 400 and dispensations will be considered into that airspace for non-ADS-B equipped aircraft depending on load factors.

I will advise what the outcome is!

By the way, have Airservices been able to save on staffing levels since the introduction of ADS-B? i.e. how many ATCs have been sacked?