PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A script on this page may be busy ......
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2014, 23:44
Phalconphixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OH has an Acer Aspire Netbook, (160Gb HDD and 1Gb RAM) with XP. F/F v26.0 and Avast2014 and constantly gets this same problem on a forum that she used to contribute to frequently. The forum does tend to be Ad. heavy... I'm pretty well convinced that its the combined effects of the F/F and Avast demanding to much in the way of RAM resources.

These problems have only recently arisen with updates in F/F and Avast. cant do mush about the RAM; according to Crucial the highest RAM upgrade would be 2Gb but only 1.6Gb would actually be used. She is on a 30Mbps cable service from Virgin, so download speed shouldnt be a problem.
Having said all that, my Vista SP2 Acer desktop currently uses only 1Gb RAM and has the same versions of F/F and Avast as my wifes and I have absolutely no problem with the aforementioned forum site..

Wifey seems to think her problem is somehow 'Chrome' related but she hasnt got this on her computer. The only connection with Google is that she uses google as her main search engine... but there again so do I... Baffling...

Last edited by Phalconphixer; 29th Jan 2014 at 23:45. Reason: Fingers going faster than brain...