PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Employing more Indians
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2014, 16:28
masalama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re:

I believe the original OP was a wind up, unemployed CPL holder of any country , whether US , UK, AUS,NZ, India, Pakistan would not get a chance in any of the carriers but a few points if one were to look at the move from an Indian carrier to the middle east (say P1 A320/B737NG ) to a FZ/AA as a P1 or as P2 with EK/hide at/Qatar.

Purely from a financial POV , unless you could save twice or more what you'd save here in India , IMHO it's not worth being an expat. Remember, once you leave and don't renew your licenses >5 years, your ATPL papers have to be written again and we all know how that's gonna be.You will also give up your seniority which might not mean much now but talk to any 9W pilot who left 10 years ago .....

Yes today the difference in salary is 50% but I know that's not going to be the case in 10 years time .10 years ago , my take home as a P1 on a narrowbody here in India was 30% of what my take home is today , that's a 300% pay rise. I would hazard a guess to say that 10 years from now , the gap in pay & emoluments between our carriers and the middle east carriers would further narrow . The cost of living and education or simple things like domestic help etc. are always going to be way more expensive in these countries.

Now, a lot of the pilots that leave Indian carriers are not leaving purely on the financial package being offered. A chance to fly worldwide on a widebody or a change in lifestyle ( unhappy with dealing with the mess that is living in India) or just a change in scenery... some have left ,not liked it and returned too ....to each his own I say.

I like the suggestion about hiring pygmies and fuel/weight savings ...beancounters might actually look into it

masalama.