PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2014, 16:18
Danny42C

Fareastdriver,

Nay, lad ! While it is true that: "you know not the day nor the hour", from your writings you must be at least a generation behind me, and so good for a long time yet !

I remember Mah Jong (wasn't it all about building a wall or something ?), but it looks so fearfully complicated that I shied away from it at first glance. Now Chess (schoolboy level) is/was more in my line .....D.

Smudge,

I have to admit defeat this time ! I gather that you're going to get annoyed with something (jail ? - surely not ! - that your friends are involved - and that somebody enjoys (amet) all writings (I'm off the beam, aren't I ?)

"Amo, amas, a mattress" (Graffiti seen on London Tube years ago)....D.

ricardian,

Not in RAF(G) in the early '60s (it would have been all beech, and your link says it was teak). Mid-'60s, don't remember anything like it in MQs (those legs !)......D.

MPN11,

Missed the LEOs didn't I ? Never mind, I suppose they could be classed as Do-ers (Record Unblotted !) In any case, anyone who's done even one tour as a battery hen in Area Radar is entitled to our sympathy - much may be forgiven him ! - (Sour grapes, of course - I was never a LEO - too kind hearted ?)

The Falklands must have been interesting. With the nearest land about three hundred miles away (and no airways or Controlled Airspace - other than yourself ?), Horizontal Separation can hardly have been a problem. (Penguin strikes ?)

There has to be a story here. Let's hear it, please...D.

Regards to all, Danny.