PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skytrans
Thread: Skytrans
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2014, 13:23
Two_dogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cactus, no disdain? You're kiddin right?

http://www.pprune.org/pacific-genera...rans-info.html - 41 posts in total, 13 disdainful from you, in one thread. That's 31.7 %

440, the lack of positive responses may be all the answers you need son.
Then again with all the changes they have been through of late making pilots redundant plus punting the HR department it would seem the new HR manager (term used loosely) may have made another company cock-up Oh well, just add it to their list in recent times.

Doesn't give you a lot of confidence in the company itself, it's management or its strategy if they create redundancies on mass, which they did, and then supposedly offer to take some of those people back almost as quickly as they cut them loose?

They had their CAsA audit last week. 27 findings, mostly in Flight Ops and Engineering. A lot of white CAsA faces. It was even discussed that the CP has tried to resign twice in recent months but they keep talking him in to staying. Is all well? Are they next on the CAsA hit list?

Chocks away, it depends which CP you are referring to, they have had 4 in 4 years. Ops tell me this - as for HR, how ironic as it was normally them doing a number on everyone, and now they had a number pulled on them Then again, the new HR boss has been nicknamed Medusa!

They have made people redundant and created havoc in the workforce, yet after getting rid of pilots they now have an advert on Seek for F/O's?
Also on Seek is an advert for a trainer and an advert for an ops person, again to cover the resignation of a couple more key people. The past 18 months has been tumultuous and isn't getting better.

If you believe that then you are either very young and naive or you are the company spokesman. Maybe you believe in the tooth fairy also? Perhaps things have more to do with poor management decisions, after all they have punted all the old managers in the past 12 months. Now why would you do that if you were already an efficient well oiled smart business managed by competent people that were simply consolidating?

What, are businesses run different in FNQ to the rest of the world? So the big bad financiers are at fault? No no definitely not the company or its managers, it's everybody else's fault, of course? It couldn't have been management fantasising about a mining boom that they 'guessed' may last for decades more and they hedged all their bets on that? Maybe it is also the fault of the bogey man as well!

The C&T has resigned also, finishes up in a weeks time. This is the loss of yet another good pilot and it will be felt. He was an awesome guy and well respected. I just hope they can hang on to the current CP who is also a good asset. Oh wait I forgot, it's all party of the airlines master strategy and consolidation in the current aviation climate. The C&T resigning leaves a bloody big hole in the mature and highly respected management structure don't you think?
Logic would tell you that with 4 CP's in just a couple of years there are some underlying issues. 2 of the 4 were also good CP's and went on to greener pastures, 1 good CP remains and as for the other one, well he went to a neighbouring country where the laws of the land better suit his flying style.

Another head rolls! GM Commercial this time. I guess it's all part of managements strategic plan and 'consolidation'? Farewell drinks in the basement. Classy!

Hi Ho Ho another one takes a parachute! The regulatory services officer has resigned this time, finishes up early January. Another dent in the tin Wonder how many Bentleys you can fit in a Xmas stocking? Just wondering.

Actually it's "safety systems officer", me bad. But the role looks after regulatory matters (including the current 27 NCN's and a further handful of observations He is a nice young fella, smart enough to see the writing on the wall, and off to WA to get some real HICAP airline experience

Chocks away - Great post and you nailed it in one.
There has been numerous posts exposing this FNQ outfit for what and who they really are, and you nailed it. This video was coincidentally made by the CBA just prior to its marketing manager leaving and taking up the role of CEO Skytrans! Never mind, she has had a huge eye opening experience working for an airline, might explain why she is meant to be leaving next month??
And yes, many who work at Skytrans almost vomited in their breakfast when they saw it! I guess fantasy doesn't reflect reality to some. Maybe the video could be updated to reflect all the APNG accidents and deaths over the years it has been under Wild entrepreneurial oversight, not to mention all the CASA findings against Skytrans over the past few years as well as all the internal resignations Yep, great 'entrepenure' and same MD for both airlines. He would be better off investing daddy's money in remote controlled planes.
Whatever... Soon gonna have to do a mixture on you, and add you to my ignore list.

Private joke to Saab Dastard. He knows what I mean.